Rooting the Moto G3 Turbo Edition is a relatively easy task due to the SuperSU Zip file. The whole method is described in detail below. Before rooting your device, make sure you have backed up all the important files on your device and the same thing you can do with the Apple devices because they are based on iOS and the new upcoming iPhone 7 release date is near.
- Universal Windows ADB Driver: http://download.clockworkmod.com/test/UniversalAdbDriverSetup.msi
- Moto G3 Turbo TWRP Recovery:
- Motorola Driver:
- ADB FASTBOOT FILES.zip:
Steps to Follow:
- Enable USB Debugging:
Select the phone option from the setting and tap on ‘Build Number’ 7 times. Next, choose ‘Developer Options’ and enable the ‘USB Debugging’ option. Also enable the ‘OEM Unlocking’ option in the ‘Developer Options’ tab.
- Setting up your PC:
Install the Motorola Drivers and the Universal Windows ADB drivers onto your PC and restart it. After restart, create a ROOT folder on the desktop. Extract the ADB Fastboot Files.zip in the ROOT folder. Also put the twrp-merlin-2.8.7-r7.imgin the ROOT Folder.
Unlocking the Bootloader of Moto G3
- Connect your device to you PC via USB Cable.
- Open the ROOT Folder on your desktop. When inside the folder, hold the shift key and right click in the folder. A pop-up menu will appear. Click on the ‘Open Command Window Here’ option.
- In CMD, type ‘ABD Devices’. The window will show a device with its ID.
- Now without closing the CMD window, disconnect your device from pc and switch it off.
- Hold the POWER button and VOLUME DOWN button simultaneously for 10 seconds to restart the phone. Your phone will now open in FASTBOOT mode. Connect it back to the PC with USB Cable.
- Type fastboot OEM get_unlock_data in CMD and hit enter.
- The CMD Window will return few strings to the screen. Copy all the string and paste it into the following link: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/data_scrub and hit t
he enter button.
- After pressing enter, the screen will return a code like:
- Copy this string and visit the following link:
Create an account on the site and paste the link
- Finally, copy the key and again open the CMD Window. Type fastboot OEM unlock XXXX in the CMD Screen and replace the XXXX-XXXX with the key you will receive on your Email address. Hit Enter.
- Your bootloader is unlocked successfully.
Installing TWRP Recovery Software on your Moto G3
- After the completion of the above process, your phone will automatically restart. If it doesn’t, restart your device manually. Now, again switch off your device by holding the VOLUME DOWN + POWER button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- In the CMD Command window, type fastboot flash recovery twrp-merlin-2.8.7-r7.img
- Once the process of flashing the device is complete, disconnect the phone from your PC.
- Using the Volume Down button, scroll over to the Recovery Option and then press the Volume Up button to enter the recovery menu.
- Select the FLASH option when you successfully boot into Recovery. Navigate to the folder that contains the zip folder. After selecting the file, swipe the Blue Button at the bottom of the screen. The flashing process will complete as soon as you reboot the system.
- The TWRP Recovery Software is successfully installed onto your Device.
Rooting your Moto G3 Turbo Edition
- Paste the SuperSu Zip file to your phone’s internal memory from your PC.
- Once again enter the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Down + POWER button for 10 seconds after switching off your device.
- Select the Install Button by pressing the Volume Up button and search for the SuperSU file.
- Now, flash the zip file to your device.
- You have successfully completed rooting your device and you can confirm it by restarting the deice and downloading a Root Checker App from Play store to ensure success.